How do you know if your car is overheating?
- Needle is toward or in HOT zone on gauge
- Red Temperature Light is on
- Steam coming out of engine
What should you do?
- STOP NOW!
- DON’T OPEN RADIATOR CAP
- Get professional help…have a tow truck bring you to the most reputable tech in area
What should I do if my engine has overheated?
- Have a complete Cooling System Evaluation done by an ASE Certified Technician
- Have all components of the cooling system — including head gaskets — checked for damage
- ALWAYS REPLACE the thermostat
- Make sure coolant is 50-50 mix
What if needle on Temp. Gauge is just a little over the normal range?
- Turn off A/C
- Turn on heater
- Get out of stop-and-go traffic
- If in traffic jam, turn engine off